Sunday 3 December 2006

We shall wait, ready for battle

We shall wait, ready for battle

I stand there
Alone
With no one at my side
Hopeless
Not assure
What the future has to offer
For us
In this world
My general is coming
To say what I fear
That the enemy has come
And that she is not in our sight

The men are scared, sire
Fear what will happen to them
What must we do, young prince?
Make ourselves ready for death?

No, I said
She will come
Victory shall be ours
We shall wait and make ourselves ready
For a battle
Witch will amaze the world for centuries

If that are your orders
Then we shall follow them
To this battle brings death
My lord
While is general is shouting
That we must stand ready for battle
A doubt troubles my mind
Of her coming
Still we stand out there
Before the enemy
My men are massacred
Line by line
Men by men
No hope for life nor victory
The enemy is ruthless
Don’t caring about our doubts

At the last moment
The surround me
My men dead around me
Waiting for the final stroke

But then, at the horizon
She stands there
Saving my soul
And my life
Of the eternal darkness
That was coming
Remaining my soul in doubt forever

RVG 30/4

No comments: